Friday, April 23, 2021

23/4/21

Today was my day off, so I decided I'd spend a good morning doing some digging.  I started by taking a drone picture of the plot, which actually has made it much easier to see where the previous beds were situated and helped me to make a plan based on those, since they've been easy to dig out:


This is a very rudimentary plan, but includes the veg I already have ready and allows for a bit of rotation.  I'm going to keep the bit by the compost heap (the top of picture) for flowers at the moment (but perhaps some beans), to avoid having too much to take care of, yet looking like I've made an effort to cultivate most of the plot.

I need to construct a netted cage for the brassicas - am hoping the rusting remains of an old greenhouse and skip-rescued scaffold netting will help with that.

Most of the digging session was spent investigating the mess behind the shed (see below), de-couching the brassica plot and digging up a vast number of dandelion plants - not too visible on these pictures, but much less present now!  
Ridiculous rubbish-filled weed pile behind the shed

The job tomorrow is to go and pick up all the weeds I left on the ground (hopefully they'll have dried up somewhat) and bring them home for the brown bin - the council should hot-compost those, then the 'bad' weeds needn't go in our compost bins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

23/4/21

Today was my day off, so I decided I'd spend a good morning doing some digging.  I started by taking a drone picture of the plot, which ...